South Africa’s leading private security company, ADT, has contracted mid-market ERP solutions provider Lorge to provide ongoing support for its Accpac system at the head offices in Sandton.
The Accpac ERP 500 accounting software program being supported provides general ledger, cashbook, accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory control, order entry, fixed assets and an inter-entity module that automatically splits and allocates shares of utility and other services or costs.
This is done directly into Accpac and includes costs such as telephones, power, water, rent, rates, cleaning and maintenance across branches, divisions, departments, funds, projects, trusts or multiple companies within one Accpac database. Another feature of the system is the automatic transfer of billing information. An interface from ADT’s listener database to Accpac automatically transfers billing information into the debtors system using accounts receivable.
Order entry and inventory control are used to book out equipment being used for new alarm installations. Vast numbers of entries need to be updated on month-end which could easily breach the 40 000 to 60 000 entries per day mark. This feature is also being modified to increase the speed of data download and transfer.
A subsidiary of Tyco International, ADT constitutes South Africa’s largest armed response and security force with 335 000 customers. It operates nationally with regional data centers for its operations located in Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and Cape Town.
In addition to an in-house installation team, a nationwide network of dealers provides and installs ADT alarms and security systems, from basic entry-level units to more comprehensive systems with sophisticated technology.
- DRA Global selects Lorge to enhance business management software Jan 25, 2019
- Lorge assists Addis Ababa liquor giant, Rorank, to implement new business management solution Nov 16, 2018
- Why businesses are embracing the telecommute way Oct 31, 2018
- Lorge: BEE level 2 Oct 3, 2018
- Why is customer relationship management critical for growth? Mar 28, 2018
- What role does ERP software play in digital transformation? Jul 1, 2019
- Why Financial Service ERP is so robust and powerful? Jun 25, 2019
- How ERP addresses the challenges in the financial services industry May 30, 2019
- Trends within the Financial Service Industry May 27, 2019
- Ways ERP will benefit the textile industry Apr 8, 2019