Field Service Maintenance can be defined as many things; however, it is generally made up of 4 categories.
These four categories are:
This is a straight service. If a machine is broken or not functioning properly, a service technician makes a field visit to solve the problem.
Maintenance is the preventive part of Field Service. To prevent equipment from failing (and thereby avoiding repair service), certain activities are performed on so to maintain proper operation, such as replacing wear parts and performing inspections. There are three types of maintenance field service:
1) Preventive maintenance: Routinely schedule maintenance appointments can help prevent serious breakdowns. Field service providers schedule these preventive maintenance visits based on statistics for specific machines and parts. Using accumulated data, they can estimate the best time for replacements to avoid serious operational problems.
2) Predictive: Field service providers schedule predictive maintenance visits based on data provided by machine sensors. If a sensor detects certain signals, like elevated temperatures, it communicates a potential problem back to the service provider. This gives service technicians the opportunity to address the problem before it occurs.
3) Corrective: If a machine or device is not working to capacity, it is time for corrective maintenance. In this case, the field service technician will assess the issue and perform the necessary adjustments to fix it increase performance
3. Installation and Commissioning
One can easily install a washing machine by themselves, but for something more complex you’ll need a service technician to come and install it. After installation, the service technician will run a series of tests to make sure your machine is fully operational. That is the commissioning process.
4. Business Consultation
A field service visit isn’t always a hands-on appointment with your machine or device. It can also involve a critical analysis of your business and customer demands. Insight gleaned from these service visits can help you plan projects and implement your tools to maximise their benefits.
- DRA Global selects Lorge to enhance business management software Jan 25, 2019
- Lorge assists Addis Ababa liquor giant, Rorank, to implement new business management solution Nov 16, 2018
- Why businesses are embracing the telecommute way Oct 31, 2018
- Lorge: BEE level 2 Oct 3, 2018
- Why is customer relationship management critical for growth? Mar 28, 2018
- What Are the Pros and Cons to Online Learning Jun 29, 2020
- Is Working from Home the New Normal May 27, 2020
- ERP Softwares Impact on the Manufacturing Industry Apr 30, 2020
- What are the Benefits of ERP Systems for the Manufacturing Industry Apr 29, 2020
- Our New Workplace: Tips, Tricks and Advice for Working from Home During the Pandemic Apr 23, 2020