Modern field service industry trends are shifting focus – they not only highlight how to make processes more efficient, but also how to shift field service from a cost centre to a profit generating operation.
Here’s a list of top field service trends for 2019 to get an idea of what best practices and technologies you should consider implementing to reposition field service as a profit-generating venture.
1. Automate on the Back End
Field service automation is proven to generate faster revenue, reduce costs, increase productivity levels, ensure quality, accuracy, and consistency, and more, making it one of the fastest growing field service industry trends. To get in on this growing trend, start by automating tasks on the back end. Field service automation management software automates tedious and complex tasks, such as scheduling, dispatch management, contract, SLA and warranty management, inventory management and more, to streamline operational process and enable your employees to focus on more pressing issues.
2. Focus on Field Service Mobility
One of the best ways to quickly and accurately respond to service requests is to prioritise mobility. It’s now easier than ever before to tap into mobility, thanks to the proliferation of mobile devices and connectivity created by the Internet of Things (IoT).
By delivering real-time and offline data to field technicians via native mobile, you enable them to access essential customer and case information from anywhere in the world.
3. Thinking Ahead with Predictive Maintenance
The days where field service technicians could sit around and wait for calls for repairs to come in are long over; even preventative maintenance has become somewhat outdated. Field service companies are now looking to predictive maintenance as the way of the future. Rather than peer into a crystal ball to see what malfunctions are on the horizon, technicians can use IoT-enabled tools to proactively monitor equipment health, set up alerts which are sent to an operator console in the event of a behavioural change, and execute predetermined actions to mitigate potential damage.
4. Make Training More Engaging
In recent years, field service businesses have also placed additional emphasis on soft-skills training to improve customer service. In addition, training is also directly linked to employee engagement. When evaluating whether your company’s training is engaging, ask yourself the following questions: Is it in-depth and informative? Does it present information that’s easy for the trainee to understand and retain? Is it interesting and engaging? Does it incorporate interactive or hands-on training techniques?
5. Explore AR and VR Technology
AR and VR deployments in field service are resulting in promising use cases for these cutting-edge technologies. These technologies, when married with the capabilities of IoT, are giving business real-time insights on equipment and operations that allows for quicker responses and better service.
6. Use Data to Your Advantage
The field service industry’s shift away from corrective maintenance and towards predictive maintenance highlights the importance of data analytics and its ability to provide companies with actionable insight into how they can improve employee performance and productivity, personalise the customer experience, increase ROI, as well as identify device malfunctions before they occur.
To make good use of the data you’ve gathered, invest in a Field Service Management (FSM) system that processes information and uses it to provide business transparency and data-driven recommendations.
- DRA Global selects Lorge to enhance business management software Jan 25, 2019
- Lorge assists Addis Ababa liquor giant, Rorank, to implement new business management solution Nov 16, 2018
- Why businesses are embracing the telecommute way Oct 31, 2018
- Lorge: BEE level 2 Oct 3, 2018
- Why is customer relationship management critical for growth? Mar 28, 2018
- The Many Ways Cloud-Based Accounting Systems Are Benefiting Accountants and Businesses Jul 28, 2020
- What Are the Pros and Cons to Online Learning Jun 29, 2020
- Is Working from Home the New Normal May 27, 2020
- ERP Softwares Impact on the Manufacturing Industry Apr 30, 2020
- What are the Benefits of ERP Systems for the Manufacturing Industry Apr 29, 2020