Data plays an important role in decision making, depending on how accurate it is. It is collected for record keeping and decision making based on a certain influence. When collecting data and reviewing it, you need to understand the type of data you’re dealing with, when it was captured and how it was collected to determine its accuracy. Data can be collected manually or computerized. If data is inaccurate the decision based on it will be ineffective.
Businesses have entered in an era of making decisions based on data, and this may not always be accurate. Yes, reliable data is there, but it’s sometimes difficult to locate. Decisions are driven by data; it is an effective way to objective decision making. It’s important to know what’s happening in your organization. When using data in your business, identify questions you want answered and identify if the data answers your questions; if not, find an alternative of recollecting the data. Analyze the important part; this will help in decision making and how to deal with matters in future.
Accounting solutions provides a check through accountability and auditing, all this lies in the accuracy of the data used to conduct this research. The data includes sales revenue, payrolls and cost expenditure. All this data is useful for future budget planning which gives businesses direction and pushes management to put more effort into their strategies, which leads to quality performance and happy employees.
Data decisions are not solely based on quantitative research; it is also through analyzing a situation while collecting data. If data is high quality it makes a business make better informed decisions and drives it to greater success.
- DRA Global selects Lorge to enhance business management software Jan 25, 2019
- Lorge assists Addis Ababa liquor giant, Rorank, to implement new business management solution Nov 16, 2018
- Why businesses are embracing the telecommute way Oct 31, 2018
- Lorge: BEE level 2 Oct 3, 2018
- Why is customer relationship management critical for growth? Mar 28, 2018
- What role does ERP software play in digital transformation? Jul 1, 2019
- Why Financial Service ERP is so robust and powerful? Jun 25, 2019
- How ERP addresses the challenges in the financial services industry May 30, 2019
- Trends within the Financial Service Industry May 27, 2019
- Ways ERP will benefit the textile industry Apr 8, 2019