Accounting and business management software solutions specialist Lorge has been contracted by Big Five Duty Free to implement, service, support and maintain its Sage ERP X3 software solution in collaboration with Marketech Retail Solutions, a privately-owned independent IT investment company, to deploy VISION BeanStore to Big Five Duty Free shops.
Big Five Duty Free has retained the 10-year concession for the operation of core duty free outlets at South Africa’s premier international airports: OR Tambo, Lanseria, Cape Town and King Chaka. “The solution offers Big Five Duty Free extensive functionality relating to accounting, debtors, creditors, purchasing, stock control, reporting, business intelligence and a robust integration to VISION BeanStore that manages the point of sale end-to-end,” said Keith Fenner, Vice-President of Sales for Sage Africa.
The PCMS VISION BeanStore is a world-leading next-generation point of sale software solution created from one set of coherent technology, designed to meet multiple requirements across many different retail sectors.
“The upgrade to VISION BeanStore will provide Big Five Duty Free with many improvements, and will ensure a stable platform to support their stores for many years to come,” said Sonja Leoncini, director of Business Development at Marketech.
The solution provides Big Five Duty Free with a full suite of modules to fully support its requirements for driving the business. With the Sage Application Framework for the Enterprise (SAFE), development and customisations are easy to perform, maintain and upgrade.
The needs of Big Five Duty Free can only be met by an ERP accounting software package that has strong functionality and features backed by reliable software services. A fundamental need is to ensure Big Five Duty Free has immediate and ongoing access to critical business information across all remote locations. For an expanding business, creating a new company is easy and effective in Sage. The software is also geared to accommodate expansion into countries throughout Africa and globally, offering a selection of legislations and languages.
Platform independent and based on a flexible layered architecture, VISION BeanStore is a solution of choice for several of the world’s leading retail organisations across all market sectors, providing: a true multi-channel, multi-format solution from a single architecture, platform and OS independence for long-term viability, total flexibility to suit any sector, market or locality, retail-specific Java infrastructure, intuitive graphical user interface (GUI) and system-wide information updates from a single, central database.
- DRA Global Selects LORGE to Enhance Business…
- Welcome to a world without limits: Sage Enterprise…
- LORGE Assists Addis Ababa Liquor Giant, RORANK, to…
- How we run our medium to large business management
- Service and Maintenance Application: Why You Need It Now
- Why Financial Service ERP is so robust and powerful?
- DRA Global selects Lorge to enhance business management software Jan 25, 2019
- Lorge assists Addis Ababa liquor giant, Rorank, to implement new business management solution Nov 16, 2018
- Why businesses are embracing the telecommute way Oct 31, 2018
- Lorge: BEE level 2 Oct 3, 2018
- Why is customer relationship management critical for growth? Mar 28, 2018
- What Are the Pros and Cons to Online Learning Jun 29, 2020
- Is Working from Home the New Normal May 27, 2020
- ERP Softwares Impact on the Manufacturing Industry Apr 30, 2020
- What are the Benefits of ERP Systems for the Manufacturing Industry Apr 29, 2020
- Our New Workplace: Tips, Tricks and Advice for Working from Home During the Pandemic Apr 23, 2020