Samsonite, the international leader in high-quality travel bags, luggage and accessories, recently opened a permanent office in Durban to service the South African market, and has contracted branded business and technology solutions provider and implementer Lorge to supply, install and commission an Accpac ERP 200 financial and accounting software system.
Lorge ERP services manager Jurgens Snyman said the accounting system will provide general ledger, debtors, creditors, cashbook, inventory control and order entry as a standard chart of accounts.
“However, the system implementation will connect to a Samsonite international centralized Citrix farm located in Belgium, allowing transfer of accounting and ERP data from South Africa into the group’s international SAP R3 system.”
A well-known brand established for almost a century, Samsonite has expanded its rich design heritage and now markets products under the Samsonite, Samsonite Black Label, Samsonite OutLab, American Tourister, Lacoste and Timberland brands.
“These are highly complementary brands that serve every segment of the market, reaching customers in all walks of life, all over the world,” said Thomas O’Flaherty, general manager of the South African Samsonite operation. “One of the group’s greatest assets is the brand portfolio. It includes some of the most trusted and highly recognised names in the global travel industry.”
- DRA Global selects Lorge to enhance business management software Jan 25, 2019
- Lorge assists Addis Ababa liquor giant, Rorank, to implement new business management solution Nov 16, 2018
- Why businesses are embracing the telecommute way Oct 31, 2018
- Lorge: BEE level 2 Oct 3, 2018
- Why is customer relationship management critical for growth? Mar 28, 2018
- What role does ERP software play in digital transformation? Jul 1, 2019
- Why Financial Service ERP is so robust and powerful? Jun 25, 2019
- How ERP addresses the challenges in the financial services industry May 30, 2019
- Trends within the Financial Service Industry May 27, 2019
- Ways ERP will benefit the textile industry Apr 8, 2019