Managing an organisation over a long period requires evolving management techniques to effectively have a business grow within the society it exists in. Technology has greatly influenced business management processes. Cloud computing is no doubt the most impactful technology in today’s world.
The link between Cloud computing and how it is transforming management processes:
Need for a Flexible environment
In the age of Cloud computing, information is traveling at a great speed, across computing systems and possibilities like virtualisation, scaling up or down for handling bigger workloads or automated security patching across thousands of computers are far more flexible. This requires management to create a more flexible organisation structure that can respond and adapt to customer needs by adjusting itself. This flexible system depends on rapid data collection, analysis and over the air changes to product software if required.
Cloud Computing affecting Product Design and Customer Experience
Companies have already started creating products and services within the cloud, as well as creating marketing campaigns as a cloud-based software sample. The cloud has also become a common resource for the collection and analysis of new data, and a place where more artificial intelligence-based services like image/speech recognition are being offered to consumers.
Start-ups are applying themselves more to offering their products and services through software-centric articles that continuously gather data. This means changes and upgrades are becoming a natural process. The relationship with the customer is changing and in fact, customers are redefining the product, not the company.
Software-based advances like AI will be adopted much faster than hardware or any other kind of technological development. The influence will be from software for example, when a company builds products and services using what is now called cloud-native technology.
Shift towards Cloud Native software
Cloud-native software eases the stress of use and keeps the low-impact alteration of any components of any software application. In cloud-native software structure, big applications are subdivided into a series of “microservices” that can be tweaked independently without having any effect on the software itself.
- DRA Global selects Lorge to enhance business management software Jan 25, 2019
- Lorge assists Addis Ababa liquor giant, Rorank, to implement new business management solution Nov 16, 2018
- Why businesses are embracing the telecommute way Oct 31, 2018
- Lorge: BEE level 2 Oct 3, 2018
- Why is customer relationship management critical for growth? Mar 28, 2018
- How cloud computing is revolutionising management processes Sep 23, 2019
- Top Field Service and Maintenance Trends Sep 6, 2019
- What is Field Service Maintenance? Sep 3, 2019
- Ways in which ERP streamlines hotel and hospitality operations Jul 31, 2019
- The advantages of ERP in the hospitality industry Jul 29, 2019